View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default What's Wrong With This Picture?

Click the image to open in full size.

While fishing late Friday afternoon / early evening this rod snapped when the fly struck a submerged boulder while I was sweeping the line up to set up another cast.

I continued fishing using the 9.5 foot tip section as a single hand rod casting over head with my right while holding the butt and reel in my left. When a fish would grab the fly I doubled the tip against the cork and was able to work the reel to land some nice fish despite the broken rod.

Click the image to open in full size.

The rod was an LL Bean 13' 8 weight and it is already in the mail back to Freeport Maine. They told me that they would send me a new one That's good news because it's my medium water rod. I was very happy that this didn't happen to one of those Winstons or my old Hardy Spey.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;