View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Broken Rod Poll; Edited, New Catagory added.

I took it in stride Dan, it helped to know that the bench was deep if I needed to bring in a replacement rod Like I said, since it was the Streamlight I knew there would be no problem replacing it but the rod did have some history being my first. It has been used much more than the newer ones. I'm going to set it up for small / medium size streams when the new one arrives. The Delta Long is not here yet for that new Winston rod and I won't pick up the reel until Wednesday.......... I figure the line gets here before I go to town so maybe I can test the rod

I took the boat to the river yesterday afternoon and arrived at the launch at 2:40 PM. The only way to know what is going on down there is to go so I took a chance. There was so much ice coming down the river that I knew 2 things. (1) I didn't want to try to drive up the river because the flows were big enough to rock the boat real good. (2) Last Friday I had a hard time keeping a fly underwater because of all the floating ice slabs so I knew this was a lost cause Other than running up to a small creek this afternoon the fishing on the big rivers here is over for me........... It's gonna be a long winter.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;