View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud of
Default Re: Barbless or barbed hooks?

I also have to say both.... I tend to fish lots of water that require it, but I often find myself pinching the barb down on water that does not require it. Mostly from habit. I will say that I just recently lost a very large rainbow that ran right at me immediately after the hook was set. This was on heavily fished water where barbless is required. I lost that fish. Large arbor reel or not, there was no way I was going to get that fish.... I know the hole he was in… there is always next week. I do believe that more fish are lost to barbless hooks, but many more fish live long lives long after the release because of barbless hooks. If I had to choose only one, I would pick Barbless…

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com