View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Barbless or barbed hooks?

I also have to say both.... I tend to fish lots of water that require it, but I often find myself pinching the barb down on water that does not require it. Mostly from habit. I will say that I just recently lost a very large rainbow that ran right at me immediately after the hook was set. This was on heavily fished water where barbless is required. I lost that fish. Large arbor reel or not, there was no way I was going to get that fish.... I know the hole he was in… there is always next week. I do believe that more fish are lost to barbless hooks, but many more fish live long lives long after the release because of barbless hooks. If I had to choose only one, I would pick Barbless…

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com