View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 07:07 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Headed for Belize!

My wife and I were at Turneffe Flats 2 years ago. You'll enjoy your stay; great fishing, friendly people, great hosts and knowledgeable guides.

For the Bones, I fished a 7 wt.; overlined with an 8 or 9 wt. line. My wife fished an 8 wt. rod overlined with a 9 wt. line. The Bones at Turneffe are not that large, but the wind is always up; hence the lighter rod/heavier line. For Permit you'll probably be in the lagoon; much less wind than on the outside flats where the Bones are; we used 9 wt. rods/9 wt. line and they worked fine. We didn't see any Tarpon, but I had my 11 wt. rod/11 wt. line with me; just in case.................!

Pocono