Thread: Cocodrie Reds
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Cocodrie Reds

As you may remember from an earlier post, my father-in-law and I went to cocodrie Louisiana in June fly fishing for Redfish. We had some absolutely awesome fishing catching Reds up to 14 pounds. That was our second trip with that Guide (Blaine Townsend), and again he kept telling us that the big 'uns, the "bulls" were there in October/November. That is out of the question for me as I am a high school teacher. Enter my brother-in-law. he works for the National Forestry service, and CAN get off.

So down they go for a week. Days one and two were good but theyw ere limited on where they could fish due to wicked winds. Today, the winds laid down a bit, and.....well you be the judge. Its a bit Gator or Gar battered, but I am still soooooo jealous!

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Oh yeah, and on a TFO TiCrX 8wt.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.