View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: A recent problem in my casting

Hi mcA896,

Welcome to the club. I think we have all experienced the tailing loop from time to time. It especially shows up when you are trying to get that little extra distance. I had a period where I thought pushing with my thumb would really give me the distance I wanted. The harder I pushed the more tailing loop I got.

You need to stop trying to power the cast and make the same smooth acceleration and abrupt stop with the rod tip. Just slow things down and make it smooth, not powerful. When starting to learn the double haul we feel we have to rush things to get your haul into the cast. That is not true. You have plenty of time to do the haul, so don't rush. If you are making your haul late in the timing of the cast you might be contributing to the tailing loop. You don't have to be making a long cast to practice the double haul. You can do it with a 40' cast and it is easier to get the timing right. When the line is snapping against the rod as it shoots forward you know you got the timing right with your haul.

Frank