View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Some tactical questions (trout fishing)

Hi Mike,

I fished the same creek back in 1983 and it was a challenge with my 7'9" rod. I wouldn't want anything longer than a 6'6" if I were there today. Many people tell me that they like long rods on small water like what William has just said ahead of this post. The problem with long rods is that there are too many places you must pass up on a Creek like that running through Spearfish Canyon. With a 6'6" slow action rod there is hardly anything you can't cast around. JP has told me he would fish the small streams here with a 9 footer and I tell him I'll just bring drinks and snacks so I'm comfortable watching the show.

William does the same thing I do with his leader, except I take the line around the reel radius itself so I don't kink the mono. As for a 2 fly dropper........I have never done this. That may sound strange but I've always been happy with either a dry fly or a wet fly but never had the desire to use both at once. I guess I just never cared if I were missing a fish

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;