View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Sage Customer Service...Ugh

I bought a VT-2 rod almost 4 years ago. I sent them a letter about the rod and am still waiting for the reply. The rod was fine and the letter...............?? Who knows, I think they blew me off and I fish with my old rods. When I get a hankering for a different rod I buy a new old one. The expert who designs the tubes for sage will not be living very well because of me I guess. Honestly, had they responded to my inquiry I may have bought more rods. I sold the one I had and went on as always.

On a side note: Recently I sent a 1968 Orvis Full Flex fiber glass rod back to Orvis. I wanted something fixed and although I figured I could do it I wanted the rod to be original Orvis, including any fixes. So what do suppose happened? After about a week I get an e-mail from Jim West at Orvis, he has put a note and his phone number in the message. I call him and he explains how he is going to deal with this antique to me. It turns out that Jim has been with that company almost 45 years and built these rods. He is a friend of Ron White who built 2 bamboo rods for me and is now retired after almost 50 years with the company.

He was a wonderful guy to talk with and didn't try to get rid of me from the phone. He talked about the old rods and their actions and ended the call by telling me he would fix the rod the next day himself and there would be no charge. I have been owning Orvis rods since 1979 and reels since 83', never have I had any problems with the service even though I needed it sparsely over the years. However when I have had needs they have left me with nothing but good things to say about their products & services.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;