View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:44 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Classic Atlantic Salmon flies

Here's the latest.
Kinda like this pattern, though doing it again i'd make the wing more banded.

Hook is a Ronn Lucas Philips Limerick #5.

Generally quite happy. I'd like the wing to be a bit flatter at the back end, and also not pointing up.
ran into trouble again with the roof as i was down to my last couple of mallards. Need some **** hot stuff going forward.

I think generally i've progressed quite well lately in terms of the back end and the body, now my focus is going to be on the front end - roof, sides (which are a complete shambles here, also need some good teal etc) throat (which could be a fraction long on this one) and toppings.

I put a progressive rib on this one too for the first time, though you'd hardly notice it.

The magenta hackles i dyed myself, and quite happy with how they turned out too.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Addicted To Vise