View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 04:06 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Classic Atlantic Salmon flies

Love Atlantic Salmon flies for Steelhead fishing. Best hook I ever had in the 'vice' was/were/are the Double Partridge Salars. Gold and Silver are my 'passion.'

Had a very long time friend in from Colorado a few days back and he's an excellent tier .... waaaay out of my League. 'Humm, can I tie up some stuff for tomorrow with these?'

'Sure, do as many as you'd like.' Ditto the following evening (he didn't loose one that I know of). End game was I sent Joe home with every one of the Salars (Silver and Gold) I had. Suspect I'll be seeing them back about Christ's Mass time.

Anyway, I'm out and off to Google to see if I can find anymore (State side preferably). Bingo! Call Jack Cook and asked if he still had the hooks in stock?

'Yes, in sizes ... '

'I don't care (well do) what sizes you have, I'll take them all.'

Well, looks like I got them all, or close to it .... E-mail invoice was $250.00. Never have to buy one again .....