View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 02:18 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Allen rods - ferrells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreaster View Post
I read about this. Apparently the spigot ferrules give a more continuous structure to the rod break points thus maximizing performance and taper.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but isn't this style kinda of like the graphite equivalent of how bamboo rods are ferruled? I don't know, but I like it.
I've been told/read that the advantage of this spigot ferrule is over time as the ferrule wears out from use it will still always have enough on the male end of the rod to fit appropriately. I don't know if this is true or not. The "more continuous structure" doesn't make sense to me either, though. It is not that there is more overlap in the ferrule.

At any rate, Winston has been using the spigot ferrule forever. Don't know if they invented it or not.