Thread: They're BAAAACK
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 03:08 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default They're BAAAACK

Not sure where to put this, but

Carp action slowed down for the month of Sept. They were still hitting but I had to really work to find them.
Plus they seemed smaller. Still fought great.

WelI got out Monday and today for an hour or two.
Monday was a little slow going trying to find what they wanted and due to the surroundings, working on a good long roll cast.
Aster about a half hour, I decided to attach a glow in the dark Thingamabobber, which appears clear, like a bubble on the water. This is pretty shallow section right now, so I think this was a good thing.
I had my softhackle Glowbug about four feet down from the indy and of all things, a stonefly nymph about 3' down.
I cast it out to some shadows and waited. It went down so I tried to set the hook. A little resistance than nothing.
I cast out again and this time, the indy went down slightly, then to the side, so I Bill Danced it! Worked!
really well actually.
Today, it was definitely the trick! Try it!
Click the image to open in full size.