View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 06:53 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allen rods - ferrells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
So let me get this straight. A spigot ferrule is created by cutting a single piece blank and then adding the ferrule over what is the female section of the blank? That is what it sounds like. While a tip over butt ferrule is made by spinning, or building the space into the butt section of the blank?

If I have this right (?) please explain how the spigot is stronger if is indeed an added part to the blank rather than built into it. I don't get it.

I am confused!

thanks.
Stronger... I don't know. The advantage is that the blank pieces match as they started out as one full length blank that was cut.
With tip over butt rods, each section of the blank was rolled separately then the sections are mated.
Personally, I've purchased 3 rod blanks that had sections that were mated incorrectly, but I'm sure that with proper quality control on factory rods this wouldn't happen as often.

Of course rods with spigot ferrules take more steps to build. Think about it. The blank need to be cut and the spigots fitted.
Those steps are eliminated on a tip over butt rod