View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 04:59 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all
Default Re: Patagonia Rock Grip Wading Boot-Aluminum Bar

I just picked up a pair of these. I got small feet. I had a pair of size 6 Sticky Boot Patagonias but the Rio Gallegos booties made wearing those impossible without taking out the shoe foot bed.

So I ordered the 6 and 7 Rock Grips. The 6 was roomier than the Stick Boot 6, but I prefer some room to layer a pair of wool sock underneath when it gets really cold. So I kept the size 7. I'll be wearing the new rock grips out next week...hitting a privately stocked spring creek. It has both silty areas and rocky areas. Photos and further review to come.

I've looked at the crampon style aluminium bars. I'm considering those over my Patagonia sticky boots for summer wet wading. These size 7's are a tad roomy when I wear them with 3mm neoprene booties, but we'll see if I fall all over the place this summer.