View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Number 1 Trout Producing Streamer (for me);

Thanks Dave,

When I say it's the #1 producer that statement is based on use over time of many classic patterns. My own creation 'The Answer' ruled the roost when speaking Brown Trout from 1997 - 2004 with great catches. It is also true however that during that time I used it exclusively. Since there are no brown trout here I reverted back to a more general use fly that bears resemblance to many juvenile fish here when they are in the fry stage.

Ard

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
I just wish stuff like that would actually catch fish in these parts.
Hi Greg,

You just tie them on and they will come. The effective use of streamers relies on alot more than luck. I use a strategy that combines line and fly control coupled with a careful approach to that spot that I expect to find a fish waiting for passing prey. The speed at which the minnow is traveling and the direction of that travel has (in my opinion) much to do with results also. I have used these flies and other patterns designed the same way in fishing 12 different States and several Provinces of Canada and enjoyed the fishing / catching very much.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;