View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Number 1 Trout Producing Streamer (for me);

I don't find that surprising at all Paul, just since 2004 I have caught brown - rainbow - brook and steelhead trout on the fly. Silver salmon and Dolly Vardin Char along with a few grayling round out the past 8 seasons.

Maybe you've seen these pictures on some other threads;

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I'll stick them on to help the new members and fly fishermen to understand that I don't just tie the flies and tell you to try them, I use them and fish love them. Otherwise I'd try to prefect my style at the bench and frame them.

Just since moving here to AK. I have met a fellow who could tie beautiful Spey flies. One day he called to ask how the fishing was up here in late April. I told him that things were slow and that I had spent almost 4 hours swinging a Sol Duc #2 without a bump. He replied; "You mean you actually fish whit those things"! I didn't know what to say but managed, "well yeah, that's why I make them, what do you use for trout"? He (without hesitation) told me that they would be drifting beads and flesh flies under 'indicators' when he and his buddy came out. We have never fished together.

Readers may as well prepare for a winters worth of Fly Tying because I am definitely a fly fisherman and can catch a fies on anything I make, it's just a matter of style. In essence isn't that what choosing to be a 'fly fisherman' is about, a style? Something to set you apart from the masses who crowd the streams on 'Opening Day' fish mongering for those stocked trout destined for high mortality levels? Well then I'll be tying for you and i you really wonder if the flies will work you're welcome to come fishing some time

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;