View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 01:40 PM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TFO BVK 8 ft 3 wt, and the conversion kit

I matched the 8ft configuration with a Marryat 7 reel and I thought it balanced perfectly with a Hardy Dry Fly WF-3-F line. When I add the 2 extra pieces, it does of course add to the weight, but I didn't think it was disconcerting.....tip heavy, yes. So I went to a Hardy DD 4000, loaded with the same Hardy 3wt line, and it seemed to balance out again. The biggest fish I landed was a brownie just over the 20" mark, and it provided plenty of tussle, but the rod was up to it. If I was to fish in areas where that size fish were more prevalent then I think my BVK 5wt would be my choice. It is what it is, and it has a permanent home with me.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.