View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fall Walleye, lousy weather

This has been the worst Fall for weather we have had up here in a long time. If it isn't raining, it's blowing 30 MPH and snowing. What's really amazing is that it went from summer into this like hitting a switch. The weather guys keep saying it is going to be nice a few days out, but it has not come to pass. I can take fishing in the cold. I can even put up with some rain. But wind on top of it and I start wanting to watch a movie instead. This also has been another case in the Walleyes don't do the same thing two years in a row. The only good big fish bite when I have gone has been that right at dark bite. Nothing real late and just a ton of Pike before. They have also been on the bottom again. This is likely due to a lousy shiner run this year.

I did break my personal record however, for the farthest out Pike I have ever caught fly fishing. It was a mid thirty inch type fish, nice but not huge. I hooked it way out at the end of a cast right on the bottom an easy 130' out. Here is a typical Fall Walleye from up here.
Click the image to open in full size.