View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fall Walleye, lousy weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Nice 'eye Dan! And a Pike at 130', that fight had to be interesting, see the splashing before you feel the tugging!
It was down on the bottom. I was using clousers and counting them down. It hit all the way out and all the way down. It's easy to tell how far you cast where I was fishing. The Railroad bridge has 30' sections with a crossed set of beams in the middle. It's a pretty good set of markers every 15'. I just look up and see where I'm standing under the section and you can count from there.
Click the image to open in full size.
I put the cast right up against the piling, but I figure that by the time it sank I lost at good 10'. I don't think I stripped 2' back when it nailed it. I was sure I had a big Walleye for a bit. It did a fairly good imitation of one at first. Then it did a good run and I knew, "nope, Pike." One of these days I am going to get a Mooneye behind the piling in the slack water. Tiny dry fly and a cast of at least 145'. I had the chance once and these two boats saw the fish raising, and me casting to them. They pulled anchor and dropped right in the middle of them.
Click the image to open in full size.