View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:34 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fly casting certification

In my little corner of this large country it seems things are about where they should be. When I tested as much emphasis was placed on teaching and communication skills as on casting.
It was understood that trying to baffle your student with your brilliance was taboo as was using their test to show off your casting ability.

I'm sure some chest thumpers get through who just want the cert as a badge of achievement. This can and will happen where ever a casting certification is offered. People are people don't you know?

As of now we only have two stages of certification. I would like to see a third stage for guides and fly shops that helps them teach in the relatively narrow range of casting their clients might do with them. Be that the parking lot rod demonstration, quick start casts or the 'lob the indicator and shot over there' cast that is the bread and butter cast for many guides.