View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wading Green River Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_n View Post
Thanks for the info I will defiently check out the website below. Are both sections of the river wadeable or is one better then the other? Also any ideas on what hatches go off in November?
Chris: They divide the Green into the A Section, B Section and C Section. The A Section is the easiest to wade as it has a walking path along the river, then the B Section for about a mile has a trail, other then that it is best to float. You can wade anywhere along the river, the issue is getting there, that is why I said floating is best on the B and C sections. Checkout the hatch chart on the Trout Creek Flies web site, my guess is that it will be primarily midges and BWO's. I have never been down there this late in the year, I usually go in the spring before Memorial Day as the tuber hatch hasn't got started and then in Sept to float the B Section. When you look at the wx forecast take that with tongue in cheek. I've been down there when they forecast 50 degree wx and it turns out to be snow and high of 35.

Larry