View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jamaica fly fishing

Huge flat off Montego Bay. Small bonefish, lookdowns, African pompano and tons of barracuda! If you wade to the edge of the flat where it meets up with the reef you can look over and see many species of shark and grouper as well as various snappers. This is the part of Jamaica I spent the most time fishing and it was good just nothing big!
The best fishing I had by boat was the cheapest on an outrigger canoe where we caught tuna and wahoo! The charters I went on were terrible and I wouldn't recommend wasting time or money on it.
The local kids that hang out by the hotels know more about the fishing then the charters and guides and if you find the right ones( not the ones selling Ganja) for a few bucks theyll put you on fish and hang out all day with you in case you need help. It's a blast catching pelagics out of an outrigger canoe and I highly recommend it. Don't let the very low tides on the flats(inches at times) throw you there are plenty of fish!
One other fun thing is the river where everyone goes to the waterfalls is loaded with the biggest mullet I have ever seen and they take flys readily!

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Oh and don't sneak away by yourself it pays to stay in a group or near touristy areas or in your compound! Definitely some rough spots!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser