View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:16 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Three days stuck inside produced 3 rods I'll probably never use :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
That is amazing work! Wow. Where does one learn those techniques...even just the basics of those pattern wraps? Is there a good DVD or Book or ???

Beautiful!
Thank you Dean. The great thing about it is there are only two patterns for wrapping thread, the cross and the box. Where you start and what direction you go in will determine the pattern. This is an awesome book with detailed instructions and lots of patterns. The author is also a great guy and good friend of mine, many rod builders learned from this book and still use it.
Decorative Wraps by Billy Vivona | mudhole.com

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Agree about the thread work! It's art.

Do you have pics of the whole rods; so we can see where the thread work starts and ends?

Pocono
Thanks Pocono! I spent the day back home doing storm clean ups. I'll take some pics in the morning when I get back to my apartment.