View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:57 PM

cgrphoto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: South Platte River Deckers Report

I must say I'm surprised you guys have had bad experiences with rude folks on this portion of the river. I've always had more than pleasurable encounters with fellow anglers, willing to share tips and techniques, spots, etc. I do agree that the innertubes are a bit annoying but for the most part, floaters generally make an effort to reduce their exposure to an angler.

Then again, I'm the guy that will move out of my spot in the river when I see anyone nearby so that no confrontations ever happen. Generally, I find this to be the best way to not deal with anyone's unpleasant side. I've had plenty of anglers crowd me out, so I just leave and let them enjoy trying to catch the fish I've already spooked.

Anytime you have a place with such easy access you're going to have a wide variety of etiquette. And yes it does take time to understand fly-fishing etiquette - simply put, don't move downstream, don't watch an angler fish from shore right on top of him or her, be quiet when entering a stream and don't splash around in your waders, and - be nice, ask and share...