View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 08:05 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sharkskin line dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
The guy came during our fishing spring sale and the SA rep was there, he must of called and asked when the rep was coming. When we explained to the rep what was wrong before we told him what rod the customer used he replied by saying the guides on your rod must be cheap or were already scratched up. The customer did not care for that reply and the SA rep left quickly but gave him a 25% off coupon for sharkskin line.

I found out in the past that not all reps are friendly. The customer and I were turned off by that, I sold the customer a Sage Xi2 before he left for his trip and he was using skarkskin line. I will tell you one thing, when the Sage rep heard what the SA rep said he was a bit P.O.

I think I will buy the 9wt magnum line for a floater but I still need to find a good sinking line.
I'd be for calling SA Monday morning and telling them what happened and what the rep did. If you sold him the Xi2 recently, it's got good hardened chrome guides. I'd be pissed too. I'd ask what they plan to do about the rod guides. If it was a new Sage and the guides wore (did all have a groove in them?) from the SS, I'd try to find out for yourself, the shop and your customer.
I guess it's possible there could have been a bad batch of guides from Sage's distributor ( I think it's H&H guides)but I doubt it. What weight was his line? Anything could be possible, but I would think you would want to get to the bottom of this also.