View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 08:24 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: How to Maintain your Fly Rod

I don't generally wax my rods anymore for no known reason but when I did, be it with furniture polish or automotive wax, I always made sure the rod was spotless before doing so. My way of thinking is that the wax would simply coat dirt and grime.
To clean the rods I use Scrubbin' Bubbles foam bathroom cleaner spray. The foam really does lift the dirt from the nooks and crannys to be wiped off with a terry cloth towel.

A word of caution passed on to me by a rod wrapping, bamboo rod building friend; stay away from silicone based products on your rods. Those silicone impregnated gn polishing cloths do make a rod shine but if the rod ever needs repair or touching, up new paint or glue has a hard time sticking to silicone residue.