View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 10:17 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: New to flyfishing (sort of)

Flats,

I normally don't read or respond to anyone who doesn't at least put the area of what country and state or province they are from in their bio, unless they have a whole lot of posts and have been participating in discussions for a long time. It helps us in knowing where you are "coming from" so to speak. You might want to think about doing that and hanging around for a while.

There is a New Zealand company called CTS that makes fly rod blanks that I have tried and liked better when casting than my premium-priced Sages. I don't think they offer completed rods, but often "custom" rod makers do not charge all that much to assemble a rod. I would check with some Australian makers before buying a factory rod if I were you.

Thanks for the pics of what fish you will be going after.