View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 12:07 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where did my line go?

I would also put the loops in my left (non rod) hand.

After the cast, put the fly line under the index (trigger) finger of your rod hand and strip line in from behind that finger.

The key is to use big loops and not the small loops. The more loops, the more chance of tangling. So as each loop reaches almost down to the water, place the line around the finders of your left hand and start another loop.

When you need to recast, feed (allow the line to slip from between your fingers) line from each loop and let the loops straighten as needed from your left hand. Always keep the loops in your left hand. Do not drop loops but feed the line from your left hand until the loops are all gone.

You can practice this technique on grass.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy