Thread: Orvis H2
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 08:43 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Orvis H2

Let me tell you about the four real decent casters who toyed with a 9', 5 weight tip-flex H2 last weekend and had a heck of a time making a tailing loop with that rod.
I've never seen anything like that. It started with me helping a shop owner work on his getting certified. I asked for some nice, parallel loops at about 35' and told him to tail when I asked him to. He just couldn't tail it and he is no rooky to the game. After giving him hints like BANG the next cast, dip your arm and poke the rod to the sky at the end of the stroke, still no tail.
I proceeded to demonstrate and really had to struggle to tail. My good friend and casting partner came up to the pond and without going into detail I asked him to show us a tail. It took him quite a few tries to tail with that rod.
The Orvis rep was next up, same results. Amazing really.
Hindsight will have many of you knowing exactly how to throw a tail with that rod but without fair warning I don't think the usual tactics would work.

When is the Helios 3 coming out so I can pick up a H2 at a price I can comfortably afford?