View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spey Line recommendation?

I'm not sure, I'll see if I can find a better spot. I do love the lines. That 140' claim is no exageration either. I fish under the railroad bridge a lot. It has 30 sections with a steel I beam X in the middle.
Click the image to open in full size.
I look where I am in relation to the section I'm under then It's just a matter of adding. I am usually right about 135' - 140' to just shy of whacking the first piling. By the way, I hit it so hard with a clouser one time it flattened the bottom of the eyes.
Click the image to open in full size.
I have been casting this line hard a lot for at least three years now and it seems to be in as good a shape as when I got it. I also hook bottom there fairly frequently and cast past and then pull it off away from me. If it doesn't pull off that way, I just tug till I get the fly or bust it off. I use fairly heavy tippet alot so it's not like this line is having an easy life. It is hanging in there just fine.

I just sent him an e-mail. I'll let you know what he says.

Contact him direct to get them. Here at this spot on the website;
http://www.trevor-morgan.net/contact.html

88 ($139) for the #9/10 or #10/11 Javelin Floating and Sinking Spey. The lines arrive with a special line cleaner and a bag designed to be used as a very useful reel-spool holder.

Last edited by Guest1; 11-11-2012 at 02:33 PM.