Thread: Orvis H2
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 03:19 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Orvis H2

Orvis has so much invested in Helios technology that I would not expect them to replace it any time soon. However, taper improvement is another story. From what you and Jackster (and Orvis) are saying it does indeed seem like they have made major strides in design. I have fished (but not owned) Helios in #'s 5, 6, 8 and 9 and my impression is "tip flex" to Orvis is "mid flex" to many of the rest of us with "mid flex" being ""full flex". For certain models like the super popular 9'/#5 they really could have three flex profiles. Compared to your original Helios, does the new H2 incorporate noticeably boosted lower taper power reserves? That is what I felt missing in earlier versions. I look forward to casting these new rods.