View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:53 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: saltwater kayak angler thread

Hey Grass you answered your own question! I know that if I wanted to fish for sharks I'd just do it! Throw a wire shock on and some big gaudy fly and give it a go. You see the sharks and target them like anything else you go for. From the few I've caught or attempted to the one piece of advice I can give is about their line of sight. Imagine an large arrow on the sharks head with the point being at the sharks nose . If you throw your fly on a parallel course to the sides of the arrow leading to the point it will be in his sight range. If you throw across or in front of the point he won't see it long enough to react. I believe letting him see the fly for a longer time provokes more strikes than the fly pattern itself.
Once you hook up landing them is the next dilemma. I would do it out of the yak on a beach or extremely shallow water. Keep your hands away from the mouth by removing the hook with long hook puller like they use on the party boats . I can't stress this enough because I've seen to many careless accidents happen when guys think they can put there hands there . Even from dead ones !
Hey I hope you nail a monster ! Let us know how you make out!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser