View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Indicator Fly for Winter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
When it comes to winter, you are 100% correct. The caveat of that though is that I do not strictly fish in the winter for these steelhead. Many of the tributaries hold year round populations of steelies and they do take the occasional surface bug
Alrighty then! Lucky you, fishing summer runs that will look to the surface. But still, I've never had much luck with any dry, no matter how big, to float heavy nymphs. Lots of foam and hair!

Where are you fishing the summer steelies? I grew up in Michigan and remember the summer runs on the Little Mani, but if the fish are year round residents, then they are no longer Steelhead, right? A steelhead is defined as being anadromous no? Sorry to sidetrack...