View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:06 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Indicator Fly for Winter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
dean_mt, you need to pick up a copy of American Angler Nov./Dec 2012 issue. It goes into detail on the Indicator thing. Very interesting.
I say if you are going to use bead headed nymphs, slap on the Thingamabobber and rig your leader up for the Provo River Bounce. Nothing wrong with an indy and it isn't cheating in my eyes :-)
Man, I can't believe the Carp I have been catching by using an indicator and suspending those flies so they are three feet deep.
That's on the newstand now I assume? I need some leisure reading tonight. Thanks, I'll let you know what I think.

BTW: I wasn't inferring that indicator fishing is anything more or less than it is. I do it too! And I'm not judging, but I started practicing high sticking/tight line nymphing last summer and really enjoyed it. Like I said to Bruce, it is just a more engaging way to fish, for me.