View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all
Default Re: Patagonia Rock Grip Wading Boot-Aluminum Bar

Been wearing these for a year now.

Compared to the Patagonia Riverwalker sticky rubber boots, they do well in freestone waters.

Beware that if you step on a branch right in the instep of the boot you can slip and fall..there's just smooth rubber in that area.

The metal clasps for the laces up around the ankle are a little bit too close together. When lacing them up sometimes the laces get around the wrong clasps. Small inconvenience.

I gave it a value of 6, now that I know I can probably turn my old sticky bottom rock grips into aluminum bar rock grips. I may try that this summer.

I've found them to be heavy. Going to get a new pair of their ultralight felt bottom boots and add on the River crampons if I feel like I need it.

==========
Update 2/8/14
Starting to not like these boots. Whenever my foot get's sideways on a inclined bank where the bars are parallel to the upward slope of the bank, you can't help but SLIDE. There is just NO traction between the bars.

Also the hooks that hold the lace have actually cut one of the laces.

Really, really thinking of dumping these boots this year.

Last edited by shotgunfly; 02-08-2014 at 10:02 PM.