View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:33 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NY Buster Browns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
wowwww some turkeys there Homer....AJ will never forgive you
I sure hope he does! My buddy the Chem teacher in the room next to me says my life is a "comedy of errors". Too true. The phone was supposed to be one of those armoured-waterproof models.....its not. Thank god for the "cloud" back-ups and the optional phone warranty!

By the way, the rod in my mouth is an Orvis T3 7wt mid-flex that I picked-up as "new old stock" for a song. I think its my new favorite. The reel is a TFO BVK III loaded with Rio Outbound Short coldwater. Casting was effortless. You may also notice all the hardware hanging on the fleece patch on my vest....went through a bunch of different flies. #12, Copper color, BH Copper Johns were the magic ticket.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeker View Post
Holy C R A P.... Nearly any one of those would be a record in my area. Stunning.
I think the NY state record is 30-ish pounds! The biggest I ever landed and weighed was 1/2 ounce shy of 15 pounds. The big fish of the trip this time was the one I am holding sans rod, it was 11.5 pounds.....according to my hand-held scale....28" long with a 19.25" girth.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.