Thread: Bleeders...
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:04 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bleeders...

Yep, that's a tough ethical question. It has always been my experience that a bleeding fish is a dead fish. Lets face it, a few drops of blood from a smallish fish may represent 10% of its total supply....shock is a real possibility. So what do we do? Keep the fish, not waste it, and hope if you get checked the patrolman is understanding (yeah, right). Or do we put it back, hope for the best, and call it the circle of life? Personally, keeping my experience with waterways patrolmen in mind, I put it back and hope for the best. It doesn't make me happy, but I am not going to pay a hefty fine (in some states the fine is quite hefty) for something that is out of my control.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.