View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Line: where and what to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codypom View Post
Where can you get it shipped for that? I was shopping for a baitcast reel for bass fishing and both Cabelas and BPS charge by the dollar amount. Based on that it was going to cost me $20 to ship something that weighed 8 onces and was in a very small box. I found a place in Michigan that only sold items that fit in pre-paid $4 boxes. I was hoping to find a place like that for fly line...
A box that size and weight (a fly line, not a reel) the post office charged me $2.80 to mail no frills. No insurance, no fast delivery, no confomation. So if they toss in the box, the handling and go the cheapest the Post Office can go it's $2.80. Cabellas breaks shipping into groups. Had you bought the reel, and a bunch of other stuff it would have been the same shipping amount till you get over the top of that 'group'. I'm not sure what value you place on your time, but I have to think you have spent far to much of it attempting to get out a bit of shipping cost. It's not free for them, it shouldn't be free for you either.

You can also watch ebay for a while. I watched two SA Pike lines go for $20 and $24. Those are $69 dollar lines. I missed the end of the auction or I would own the 10wt.