View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:36 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Line: where and what to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
I am curious, Diver Dan, what it is you don't like about RIO's Gold; I have several of them (#4, 5 and 6) in service and have nothing but positive experience with them.
Same here. I also have quite a few SA premium lines that have performed flawlessly year after year.
Sometimes me thinks operator error has something to do with fly lines going bad these days. I know of a few that were ruined by the owners thinking they're taking care of them. Detergent, automotive products and some household cleaners can do more damage than good.
The way I see it, at what good lines cost why not just follow the manufacturers directions. I basically do and, aside from the occasional coating torn, a line bit in two by a stupid cat or another cut in two by an errant cigarette butt I haven't had a line go bad in many a long year.