View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 01:22 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reynolds Pike Fly

I just thought I would let you guys know that the Mustad 37187 hook was discontinued. Daiichi makes a hook exactly like it. Its the Daiichi 2720. I didn't realize when I ordered them however, they are much smaller by size than the Mustad version. The mustad 1/0 has a shank length of 52mm and the 1/0 Daiichi has a shank length of 40mm. The Mustad has a gap of 21mm and the Daiichi has a gap of 17mm. The eye of the Daiichi almost fits through the eye of the Mustad. They have an identical shape and were made for the identical purpose, so how they came up with two such radically different sizes and called them both 1/0 is beyond me. Just be aware if you go with this Daiichi hook, go way bigger than 1/0. I had bought some of the last 37187's left on the planet and they got me through till now. I ordered the Daiichi's and was a tad disapointed in their idea of a 1/0 hook. It's about a 2 in a Mustad so I would guess you need to go around 3/0 or 4/0 in the Daiichi to get the right size.

Part of what got me through till now was I also tied some on Mustad C52S BLN 2/0 hooks. They are are a tad smaller and have a different design but do OK.