View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Durham Ranger variant -

And with that you'll be on your way, tying salmon flies is both a great hobby and is very rewarding when you find yourself standing along a river that has some salmon in it. I've been tying them since I was 23 years old and still enjoy making them. If you decide to expand with this realm of tying you'll find yourself looking for some additional materials. Some things I have never had, the Indian Crow for instance; been subbing it for the long haul but others you'll want.

If you find that you're having a time of finding things send a PM and I'll tell you what I know. have you looked at Pocono's Salmon Fly Tie Along thread in the 'Fly Tiers Round table' forums? There you will find many tips and practice ties to help you along the way, he did a wonderful job with that thread! Allan, (Pocono) is also a well of info on where to source materials so drop him a line too.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;