Thread: Furled Leaders
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:13 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furled Leaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
My personal preference is tippet ring.. cinch knot a length of tippet.. add fly... I can see where people prefer a loop for having preset rigs.. so they can just loop2loop and be off... but i feel the loop causes more drag and attracts weeds more often
Those tiny little shorb loops at the tippet end of a furled leader are a bear. The tippet ring is a much better option, I've been tying them onto my knotted leaders at the end of the taper section.

BUT, I you can still use a loop to loop by tying a Perfection Loop or Non-slip Mono Loop onto the end of you tippet and using the loop to loop onto the ring. This is much stronger connection than the old Clinch Knot. If you don't like the loop though you should learn the Orivs Knot and forgo the Clinch. It is nearly as easy to tie and exponentially stronger.