View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:57 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saltwater Pattern Question?

Just for fun been tying some classic Saltwater Flys. Gibbs Striper, Brooks Blondes and anything I can find or remember from when I was a kid. While doing this I remembered one of the flys I tied alot as a kid cause it was fairly easy to tie and replace. It was created by an outdoor writer George Heinold who had the SW column for Outdoor Life Magazine. The name of the fly was the Ugly Duckling( I think) and it was a flat wing streamer for Bluefish. As I remember it was three saddle hackles of different colors on top of one another but I can't remember the colors or if any other materials were involved. I searched the net as well as old OL issues but no luck.
Anybody know or remember? Riptide you usually are good with this !
If you have any info let me know , having fun with this want to keep going!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser