View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Broken Rod Poll; Edited, New Catagory added.

Every now and then the thought crosses my mind but the places where I use this there is little danger from flying stones. I have considered a bird but generally I am driving slow when there are rods on the hood. I use this the most when I fish close to home. I can rig the rod and don the waders and all that so that when I reach my little parking spot all I need to do is to snatch the rod and go.

The carrier got a lot of use when I lived in Pennsylvania. We used it because the road system paralleled almost every stream and moving from one area to another was safe and easy this way. Here in Alaska I travel mainly by river boat and there is a vertical rod rack on the console of the boat. These keep the rods safe but when carrying Spey rods you gotta be mindful of overhanging tree limbs. Sometimes it's easy to forget that you have a 15' mast sticking strait up and I've had some close calls.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;