View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:24 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Swaps for the New Year

Fly swap season underway! The Boz hosted a full nymph swap, that I believe is over and Pocono just initiated a basic dry fly swap that filled up in about as fast as the Pearl Jam concert sold out here last month!

I am in line to host the next swap, but we are going to continue to take it slowly. Once the Dry Fly swap closes (Dec. 31) it will be perfect time to kick it into gear.

I have a couple ideas for future swaps, but I wanted to start this thread as a place for tossing out ideas and/or requests for swaps, i.e. specific patterns, seasonal flies, specialty flies (under size 20, articulated, CDC emergers, etc), general patters, whatever. Then once we are underway, if an idea/suggestion/request strikes one of the host they can jump in and get it going.

Now this isn't meant to be a definitive list. Be aware that we are trying to avoid what happened with the swaps last year, when there were far too many running simultaneously and it just got out of hand. I guess I should say that by throwing a suggestion out, it is not a guarantee that the swap will occur, at least now right away. OK, disclaimer over, I think we all get it.

Let's hear some suggestions for swaps after the New Year.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The running list of Swap requests (NOTE: This is only a list of requests, not a set list or order of swaps to come):
1. emergers
2. meaty streamers
3. dry flies
4 warm water flies

Last edited by dean_mt; 12-06-2012 at 12:20 AM. Reason: update