View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: hello from LI NY

Thanks Doc,

It was the seventies when I was last there so things have changed. I went to see the water where Dan Webster caught the biggest Brook Trout in history or so the tale goes. You can find the story in the book "Brook Trout" by Nick Karas. If you are living on the east coast or anywhere in the mid Atlantic region you should pick up a copy of this book. It will bring you up to speed on the history, biology, and range of "Salvanius Fountanalius" the brook trout.

I spent most of my life while fishing in my home range casting for the brook trout and kept an art print of one by Mark Susino hanging over my roll top desk in the den when I used to tie in great style. That was in another life, now things are more simple and I no longer dream of returning to Alaska to fish. Now I dream about being in the folded mountains of north central Pennsylvania crawling up to cast to a little brook trout.

Go figure? No matter where you are the fish are always better on the other side of the road.

Ard