View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:47 AM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Name Your Trout Top Ten Nymph & Dry Flies

Now don't get me wrong here, I love fishing all types of flies in all types of ways, and usually hit the water with four boxes on me... But then again, I try to keep this quote in mind, especially when I gtry too hard to get too smart for my own good with fly selection.

Always thought it was a good one to remember, especially when teaching people who are just getting into the sport... I think it's helped several of those people keep from getting overwhelmed at first

"I look into my fly box and think about all of the elements I should consider when choosing the perfect fly: water temperature, what stage of development the bugs are in, what the fish are eating right now. Then I remember what a guide told me: '90 percent of what a trout eats is brown and fuzzy and about 5/8 of an inch long'"

Click the image to open in full size.