View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time for Another Fly Swap.............!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotech_joe View Post
What is usually included on the Toe Tag? I have 9 flies done.
Joe, toe tags can have as little of as much information as you want to include on them. Some people put their name and the name of the pattern on them; others include the recipe for the pattern as well.

What mudbug posted is fine.

Pocono

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post
finito...

Click the image to open in full size.
Bueno!

You are way ahead of the curve, there ghocevar!

Nice looking group of Yellow Sallies! And the box looks just right for shipping those dries.

Pocono

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Sorry I haven't picked one yet but I am still deciding. I can tell you, I am thinking PURPLE. ;-)
Purple is good; you've got my curiosity up on that one, Joni!

Pocono

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
You guys are kill'en me here, I better get busy I have a few tied up but will finish the other 9 after Turkey Day I've got a whole bunch of stuff to do here and will need to calm down after the big day by tying flies and having a bottle of Cabernet'

This is what they look like, Quill Gordon's float like a butterfly & sting like a bee

Ard, I really like the looks of the classic patterns; they're a great imitation of the natural and, as you say, they are effective on the water and great for soft presentations.

That's a nice looking Quill Gordon!

Pocono

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
Got mine tied up today. Ended up tying a version of a brown drake in size 12 with a deer hair wing. Clipped the hackle on the bottom so it'll float on the surface.

Just need to print the toe tags and they'll hopefully go out next week.
I like those Brown Drakes, William.

Drake hatches; particularly the big ones, are favorites of almost everyone where I used to fish for trout in the Pocono Mountains. My personal favorite was the Green Drake hatch; bugs large enough to lure the even the biggest trout up to the surface for a tasty meal.

You and ghocevar are so far out in the lead at this point that you're spurring the rest of us on to get our patterns tied up, pronto! That's great.

If anyone is going to do a step-by-step on their pattern, then don't forget to take some pics at different stages along the way while you're tying up your patterns........ hint, hint......

Pocono