View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Whatcha readin'?

Since the topic Civil War has came up, I read 2 books that were published as companions / a set. The author; Bruce Catton, Titles, 'The Army Of The Potomac' & 'A Stillness At Appomattox' These books were compiled in much the same fashion as the films done by Ken Burns, but Catton's works proceeded the films. These books delivered a shocking look at the war between the states from the prospective of the soldiers and officers who were there.

Another splendid book of American history (especially if you live in Pennsylvania or Ohio) is 'The History of an Expedition against Fort DuQuesne in 1755' This book is the collected information from such notables as George Washington and the journals of many of the survivors of this epic event in early American History. The battle marked the end of the famed General Braddock's career and a rather unknown part of then British Col. George Washington's service in America.

I can't say enough positive things about those books! I was born in Pennsylvania and lived all my days there as an outdoors-man, Which compelled me to investigate the history of my home area. What I found was astounding. If you live in PA. - OH.- NY. or VA. you can find some amazing and historically 'accurate' books here> Wennawoods Publishing Book Store

I own many of the titles you will find here and they are all like a magnet that draw you into a vortex of the long forgotten events that shaped this country.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;