Thread: Hook size FYI
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 02:29 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hook size FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by okuma View Post
You guys may laugh, but I use Eagle Claw Aberdeens for my streamers and poppers. American made too!
I would never laugh at that! ( serious face) I use them in my Clousers and have for a few years now. I use pliars to bend the eye down. I can bend them out enough to save them when I hook up on the bottom, unless I hook the eyes. I've caught Pike as big as 43 inches on them and not lost a single fish to them straightening out. But they have saved me a countless number of flies.
Click the image to open in full size.
All but the top Clouser on the left are on #2 Aberdeen hooks. They are all on Aberdeens though. Some are up to 1/0.
And they glow in the dark.
Click the image to open in full size.